AM & PM Car Rider Instructions
Follow Maplehurst to UES main entrance parking lot.
Utilize the parallel, double “McDonalds” style lines to reduce congestion in the neighborhood.
Merge, taking turns and being nice, just before the loading zone.
Students should exit from the passenger side of the car directly onto the sidewalk.
Stay to the far RIGHT, following the curb around the entire parking area to the front doors –DO NOT cut through the parking lot.
- Students will be dropped off along the sidewalk 5 or more vehicles at a time.
- Pull all the way forward to the flag pole if the first car in the group.
- Ensure that your child is ready to exit swiftly.
- Please do not get out of your car.
- We do not dismiss from the office between 3:15 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Cars will use Maplehurst Dr. to enter UES main parking lot.
- At the parking lot entrance, cars are to utilize the parallel, double “McDonalds” style lines to reduce congestion in the neighborhood.
- Merge, taking turns and being nice, just before the loading zone.
- Students will only be loaded into cars along the curb. We will not be able to hand off students to adults that walk up.
- A staff member will load your child into the passenger side of the car.
- Please make sure you display your GREEN car rider # on your dashboard.
To sign up for bus transportation, please click here.
To help your child be ready for bus transportation, please teach them the following:
- If your student misses the bus at their regular stop, do not follow the bus to the next stop and let your child walk/run beside the bus to get on. The driver cannot see the student in the danger zone, especially if it is dark and could possibly hit them as they pull away from the stop. Take your student to school.
- Make children stay at least 10 feet away from the bus until they begin to enter. Children will be able to see the driver and the driver can see them.
- If children must cross the street to the bus they should cross the street 10 feet (five giant steps) in front of the bus where they can see the driver and the driver can see them.
Warn children that, if they drop something, they should never pick it up. Instead, they should tell the driver and follow the driver’s instructions. If they bend over to pick up a dropped object, they might not be seen by the driver and could be hurt if the driver pulls away from the stop.
Remind children to look to the right before they step off the bus. Car drivers in a hurry sometimes try to sneak by the bus on the right hand side.
Teach your child to secure loose drawstrings and other objects that may get caught in the handrail or door of the bus as they are exiting.
If you meet your child at the bus stop after school, wait on the side where the child will be dropped off, not across the street. Children can be so excited at seeing you after school that they may dash across the street and forget the safety rules.